Udvarthana (ayurvedic therapeutic powder massage) and its mode of action
Posted by: Admin Ayurveda 2019-06-12 11:14:26
Udwartanam (Udvartana) is an herbal scrubbing massage technique in Ayurveda and the most effective Ayurvedic weight loss therapy.It helps in removing excess fat and toxins from the body tissues.In this technique, herbal powders or pastes are being used to give a forceful massage in the direction opposite to that of the hair follicles (pratiloma gati).
- relieves kapha associated disorders
- breaks down and mobilizes accumulated fat
- relieves body dour due to excessive sweating
- improves skin tone and also smoothens and cleanses it
- provides stability to body parts
- relieves itching and rejuvenates the skin
- removes heaviness of body
- enhances metabolism in the body
- opens up blocked channels in the body and improves blood circulation
Indications of Udwartana:
- Obesity and associated complaints
- Metabolic disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Neuropathy associated with diabetes
- Lethargy and lack of enthusiasm
- As poorvakarma (preparatory therapy)for Pancakarma treatments
- Neuro muscular disorders
- Kapha and Aama related complaints etc.
Contra Indications of Udwartana:
- Aggravated pitta conditions
- Degenerative disorders
- Pres-ence of cuts, wounds, burns, etc.
- Tissue degeneration, emaciation
- Oozing skin diseases
- Pregnant women
- Too old individuals or too small kids.